Who doesn’t love freshly baked cookies right out of the oven!
We have prepared a recipe for the most sweet and delicious embossed cookies.
You can buy your very own embrossed rolling pin here: https://isabellerosehome.com/?s=rolling+pin
Let’s get started!
• 200 g unsalted butter
• 200 g powder sugar
• 1 medium egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 0.5 teaspoon ground ginger
• 0.5 teaspoon mixed spice
• 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 400 g plain flour
• Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
• Mix in the egg and vanilla.
• Mix in the spices.
• Sieve in the flour and combine into a dough.
• Once the dough has pulled together wrap it in cling film and pop it in for 30 minutes.
• Roll out the dough with the embossed rolling pin to just shy of a 1cm thickness.
• Cut out the shapes you want and pop the pieces on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
• Pop the cut out dough back into the fridge for 30 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees fan oven.
• Pop the biscuits in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the dough is firm to the touch and just starting to go light brown.
• You don’t want them going golden brown or they will dry too hard. You can see how pale the finished biscuits are above.
• Leave to cool on a cooling rack and once cold store in an air tight container.
The recepie was found on the following blog: https://www.sewwhite.com/recipes/christmas-spiced-biscuits-embossed-rolling-pin-biscuit-recipe/